After upgrading to the latest built operating system, many users reported that the Microsoft IPP class driver offers no color. To be very specific, the driver only offers grayscale and monochrome options. The Microsoft IPP class driver remains the default Windows operating system printer driver until you install another printer driver. While IPP stands for Internet Printing Protocol, it acts as a bridge between the computer and the print server. Nevertheless, there is nothing to worry about if you encounter the same problem.
Microsoft IPP class driver offers no color
If Microsoft IPP Class Driver only offers grayscale and no color on your Windows 11/10 computer, try the following suggestions:
- Check if grayscale printing is enabled
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter
- Save the print file as XPS Document Writer
- Reinstall the printer software
- Select the correct printer name
- Disable Windows management default printer option
- Update the printer driver
Let us now see all these solutions in detail.
1]Check if grayscale printing is enabled
The first thing you need to check is to make sure the grayscale printing option is turned off. If this option is enabled, it is not surprising that you are experiencing the problem. You will need to change the settings to print in color to resolve the issue. Here’s how.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows logo key + R.
- Type control printers and press the enter key.
- In the Printers section, right-click on the printer you are using and choose Printing preferences option.
- Switch to the Features tab and select the Print in color option present under Color Options.
2]Run the printer troubleshooter
The next thing you can try is to run the printer troubleshooter. This is one of the best ways to eliminate any problem with the installed printer. Here’s how.
- To get started, open the Settings window by pressing Windows + I hotkey.
- Under the System tab, select the Troubleshoot option.
- Click Other troubleshooters.
- Click on the Course option present next to Printer.
Wait for him to identify and fix the mentioned issue. Once done, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
3]Save the print file as XPS Document Writer
For many users, the problem was solved by saving the print file as XPS Document Writer and then printing it. So, go through the process and check if it makes any difference. If the problem persists, try the next solution on the list.
4]Reinstall the printer software
The next effective solution is to uninstall and then reinstall the printer software. You can uninstall the software through Control Panel or Settings. And then download it again from the manufacturer’s website.
Make sure to restart your system after installing the software. According to users, the problem continues to occur if they do not restart the system after installing the software. So, once the software is installed on your system, reboot the device and check if the issue still occurs.
To see: Function Address Caused Protection Fault – Printer Error
5]Select the correct printer name
If you do not want to uninstall and then reinstall the printer software, you can try changing the port settings. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the Settings menu by pressing Windows + I hotkey.
- Click on the Bluetooth and devices option present at the last left of the screen.
- Select the problematic printer.
- In the next window, select Printer properties.
- Switch to the Ports tab.
- Check the correct printer brand/name.
- Click Apply > OK.
That’s it. Now restart the printer and your Windows PC. Check if this solves the problem.
To see: How to reset the printer to factory defaults
6]Disable Windows management default printer option
The next solution in the list is to disable the Windows management default printer option. You can turn it off by following the steps below.
- Open the Settings menu and navigate to Bluetooth & Deception > Printers & Scanners.
- Under Printers preferences, turn off the toggle next to Let Windows manage my default printer.
Now restart the system and check if the problem is continuous.
Lily: Unable to install printer – Invalid descriptor
7]Update the printer driver
An outdated printer driver can be another important reason for the problem. You will need to download the latest printer driver update to eliminate the problem.
How to Fix Microsoft IPP Driver?
It is very easy to repair the Microsoft IPP driver. You can try these solutions to eliminate the problem:
- Run the printer troubleshooter.
- Download the latest printer driver update.
- Reset the printer to factory default settings.
If none of the steps helped, you can reinstall the printer software.
Why do I only get grayscale and monochrome printing?
If the color option is set to print in grayscale, it’s no surprise you’re having the problem. You will need to change the settings to print in color to resolve the issue. Here’s how: open the Devices and Printers page > Select Print > Right click on it and choose Printing Preferences > Select Print in Color under Color Options.
Read more : Computer hangs when printing in Windows 11/10.