IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) is an Internet protocol used for communication between client devices (such as computers, cell phones, etc.) and printers through an IPP port. In Windows computers, the Microsoft IPP class driver is used for this purpose. Some users have encountered a problem with Microsoft IPP Class Driver. According to them, Microsoft IPP Class Driver allows them to print only in monochrome. While some users found Microsoft IPP class driver missing from their computers. If documents printed using the Microsoft IPP Class Driver have no color or if the Microsoft IPP Class Driver is missing or not installed on your system, the solutions provided in this article may help you solve it.
What is Microsoft IPP class driver not installed?
If you connect your printer to your Windows device using an IPP port, you may need the Microsoft IPP Class driver. “Microsoft IPP Class Driver Not Installed” means that the IPP Class driver is missing from your Windows device or you did not install it correctly. If the IPP class driver is missing, your computer will not be able to communicate with your printer, therefore, you will experience several issues with your printer.
Microsoft IPP Class Driver No Color, Missing, or Not Installed
Try the following solutions to resolve this issue.
- Run the printer troubleshooter
- Try printing via Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver
- Delete and re-add printer
- Select the correct printer driver and port
Let’s see all these solutions in detail.
1]Run the printer troubleshooter
The problem you are having on your Windows 11/10 device is related to the printer. Therefore, running the printer troubleshooter may help resolve the issue. You can find the Printer Troubleshooter in your Windows 11/10 Settings app.
If the printer troubleshooter does not help, try the next solution.
2]Try printing via Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Microsoft XPS Document Writer is an in-file print driver that allows users to create XML document files. If the Microsoft IPP Class Drier is missing or giving you monochrome printing of your documents, there is one thing you can try. Print your documents using Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
When you print a document, Windows shows you an option to select the printer. Select Microsoft XPS Document Writer from the drop-down menu, then click the Print button. After that, Windows will save your document in Open XPS format. Now you can print this document. The problem should not occur this time.
3]Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver
The problem may be caused by an outdated or corrupt printer driver. To deal with these types of problems, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. You can uninstall your printer driver through Device Manager. The steps for the same are listed below:
- press the Win + X keys and select the Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand the Print Queues node.
- Right click on your printer driver and select Uninstall device.
- Click on Uninstall.
After uninstalling the printer driver, restart your computer. Now visit the official website of your printer manufacturer and download the latest version of your printer driver. If the driver is downloaded in zip format, extract it. Now run the setup file to reinstall the printer driver.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver worked for many users. It can work for you too.
4]Delete and re-add the printer
If uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver did not resolve your problem, this method should help. Completely remove your printer from your Windows 11/10 device. When it comes to removing or completely uninstalling the printer from a Windows device, you can do so using:
- Windows 11/10 Settings app
- Control Panel
- Print Server Properties
- Command Prompt
- Registry Editor
After removing your printer, restart your Windows 11/10 device. After restarting your computer, add your printer to your system again. Now your printer should start printing color documents.
5]Select the correct printer driver and port
This solution worked for many users. Select the correct printer driver and port for your printer and see if that fixes the problem. Follow the instructions written below:
- Open the Windows 11/10 Settings app.
- Go to “Bluetooth and Devices > Printers and Scanners.”
- Select the printer with which you are having the problem.
- Click on the Printer properties option.
- A new window will open. Click on the Advanced tongue.
- Click on the Diver drop-down menu and select the correct printer.
- Now click on the Ports and select the correct printer.
- Click on Apply then okay.
Now turn off your printer and restart your computer. After restarting your computer, turn on your printer and let it connect to your computer. You should be able to take color prints using your printer.
Lily: Epson Connect printer setup cannot find the printer
How to install the Microsoft IPP Class driver?
You can install the Microsoft IPP Class driver for your printer by following the steps below.
- Right click on the To start up menu and select Settings. This will open the Windows 11/10 Settings app.
- Go to “Bluetooth and Devices > Printers and Scanners.”
- Now click on the Add a printer or scanner button (under Windows 10) and Add Device button (under Windows 11).
- Click on The printer I want is not listed link.
- Add a printer window will appear. Select the “Select a shared printer by name” option.
- Type HTTP://(your printer’s IP address)/printer.
- Click on Following. Then Windows will connect your computer to the printer and open the Add Printer Wizard.
- Click on Microsoft on the left side, and then select the IPP class driver for your printer.
- Click OK.
I hope this helps you.
Read more: Fixed printer in error state under Windows 11/10.